Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Sunday

I can't say I get into the NFL that much. Sorry. Doesn't make me gay and it doesn't mean that I'd rather watch Gone With the Wind... although one year, Erica and I opted to watch Brokeback Mountain down at the Esquire on Superbowl Sunday. Yikes. It's just too overdone... too much of everything. Too shiny, too flashy, too pretty. So we watched the game, yes, but as for the 16 weeks of the regular season and the however many weeks of the playoffs, I couldn't tell you who won or lost. It's just not anything I've ever gotten into. That's why Sunday was pretty quiet around here... following the '09 trend.

We did sneak out and watch Revolutionary Road Saturday. Fantastic movie. Made me depressed for two days. Maybe it's because I picture Leo as my best friend in a lot of daydreams and being that close to someone... everything hurts... even if it's fake.

I started my 12-week training schedule for the Indy Mini. I like having a regimen. I, however, am growing tired of running indoors and need to get out. Unfortunately, there is hell and more hell covering our streets and it's not going anywhere fast. My feet don't work on it, my bike certainly doesn't work on it and I couldn't tell you what a car does on it, but it's worn out its welcome. Oh well, here's to February. The month of milestones... and black history.

1 comment:

John Shaw said...

tyler,

i applaud you for running as long as you have indoors. humans just weren't meant to run with a roof overhead.