Friday, February 20, 2009

Griiiiiggs...

Sounds like a cop in one of those movies that Maxim would vote into the top five of a list of must-watch dude flicks. And yes, they'd call them flicks. Ahh... but alas, the reason for the post... another long run!

This week's pick was a no-brainer. It had to be a run to Griggs Reservoir... aka: the Scioto all dammed up. It's just about the only route I have that takes you out west and back east... and for the past two nights and two days, the west wind has been no friend of mine. I hate the wind. Hate it bad. It's an invisible hill... sometimes very large and always beyond annoying. The hate dates back to my glory days in the driveway shooting hoops. Nothing was worse than having your shot blocked ever so subtly by Mother Nature.

So that capped off a fairly heavy mileage week for me and I could feel it last night and wasn't sure if I had a long run in me. But I got out the door and am glad it's over. All in all, 12.13 miles today @ 7:46/mi. And now I have an "easy" week to look forward to as well as some new shoes. I've logged over 600 miles on the most recent edition of the Supernovas. Not good for the joints, but it's just hard to find the time. The pictures take you along the river. The top left shot was making sure the camera was operable in the cold... and the bottom left is the hill coming back from the river on Nottingham.

7 comments:

Brad H said...

Just purchased a new pair of Supernovas. They changed the style and increased the price from $85 to $100. Still good shoes, but not the value they once were.

tyler said...

I read that... it's now called the Glide or something. That sucks because for $85, that was my go-to shoe. Do you notice a difference? If so, what?

Brad H said...

They're freaking ugly. Other than that, no change. They still feel good on the feet.

bshawise said...

we've lost you haven't we, hoffmann? i'm going to be the one cooking breast milk pancakes on the grill as you run by next year, aren't I?

Brad H said...

You have not lost me. I put my 3 miles in during the the weekdays and that's it. I'll still be flipping the breast milk pancakes next October during the marathon.

tyler said...

new game! we'll see who can hit me with the most pancakes as i go by in october. double points for shots to the face.

bshawise said...

that's like giving double points for throwing a golf ball thru a hula hoop.